Wednesday 31 October 2012

Voting is live in the 24 hour RPG challenge

Voting in the RPGgeek.com 24 Hour RPG Contest is open. I encourage all of you to take part.

The Diminutive RPG
This was my first ever time entering this contest and really the first time I've tried to write an RPG since I was about 13 years old. It was a very eye opening experience and I strongly suggest everyone give this a try at some point in their life. No matter how the voting goes in this contest I will be glad to have taken part and now have something to be proud of, a role playing game I wrote myself.

My entry is The Diminutive RPG which features a unique system I called The Diminishing Dice Pool System. The game attempts to re-create the feel of books and movies like" The Borrowers, Tom Thumb, The Secret World of Arrietty, The Littles, or any other setting where small heroes do big things. The system is designed with this theme in mind where smaller is always better, A D4 is better than a D8 and you want to make your dice pool smaller and smaller. You strive to triumph over complications by getting rid of them, removing complication dice from your dice pool. Proper planning, traits and backgrounds help you triumph while hindrances make your life more complicated. Gather too many conditions and your life can become over-complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment