Friday 18 August 2017

#RPGaDAY 2017 - Day 18 The game I have played the most.

Day 18 of #RPGaDay 2017. 

Which game have you played the most in your life?

Wow. I have no idea. It's between three RPGs. First off AD&D 2nd Edition which I mentioned back on day 14 where I talked about running a campaign that I ran on and off for 10 years. Second would be Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay which I used to run every single Saturday from 6pm until Midnight at the Windsor Gaming Society for many years. At least 5 perhaps longer. While running that at the club I was also running home games.

But then came Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition. While I didn't run it as long as AD&D 2nd Edition or Warhammer I think I ran more individual sessions of 4th Edition D&D. This was due to the fact that 4e D&D got me into the RPGA and public play. I started off as a player at the FLGS on Saturday nights and quickly signed up and became a Herald Level Dungeon Master (back then you actually had to take a test and be certified to be an RPGA DM). During the 4e heyday I was running up to 4 games a week. I had a home game on Monday nights where we were playing through the whole kill Orcus adventure path. I ran D&D encounters on Wednesday nights at the FLGS. I also ran Living Forgotten Realms on Saturday at the FLGS, often two sessions a day, running two different groups through two different adventures.

While I know a lot of people did not like 4e D&D, I loved it. I introduced more new gamers to the wonderful world of roleplaying through 4e than I have with any other system.


For those wishing to play along at home, here are the topics for this years #RPGaDay. Feel free to use these cues in your tweets, facebook posts, g+ threads, blog posts and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment