Thursday 10 August 2017

#RPGaDAY 2017 - Day 10 - where do I go for RPG reviews?

Day 10 of #RPGaDay 2017. 

Where do you go for RPG reviews?

The quick answer: I don't. I can't remember the last time I actually sought out an RPG review. I learn about new RPGs organically through a mix of social media and podcasts (as I answered back on day 3). Usually, if there is a hot new game and people like it I can't help but hear about it. If it's really popular it feels like every podcast is talking about it. This happened with Fantasy Flight Star Wars. It seems to be happening right now with Blades in the Dark and for some reason, Dungeon Crawl Classics.

I guess if I was going to go digging looking for more info on a game I would head over to RPGgeek.com. From there I would probably head to Google Plus and see if there's a community for the game (there's pretty much a community for every game). Maybe I would google the game. Then once I picked it up, I might even review the game myself.


For those wishing to play along at home, here are the topics for this years #RPGaDay. Feel free to use these cues in your tweets, facebook posts, g+ threads, blog posts and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment